Looking for homes for sale in Wetumpka, AL? Learn more about the community.
Wetumpka boasts a little bit of everything for everybody. Check out the action at the Wetumpka Depot Players where local actors stage several presentations each year. Or you can meet your friends at Jasmine Hill Gardens and Outdoor Museum, a 17-acre garden of flowers and statuary which maintains an authentic reproduction of the ruins of the Greek temple of Hera and Olympian Center. There’s also Wetumpka’s “Christmas on the Coosa,” which includes an extensive daytime street parade, evening boat parade, and a fireworks display over the Coosa River. What’s more, Fort Toulouse has a partially restored French fort around which re-enactors participate numerous times each year. With a wide variety of year-round activities, Wetumpka is a fantastic family-friendly community.
- Located in Central Alabama, Wetumpka is the county seat of Elmore County, which is Alabama’s third fastest growing county.
- Wetumpka offers small-town living with the convenience of big-city amenities only minutes away in Montgomery.
Schools and Education
- Wetumpka residents are served by Elmore County Public Schools, which operates 15 schools with an enrollment of approximately 11,000 students. All schools are accredited by the Alabama State Department of Education and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Private schools include Edgewood Academy in nearly Elmore and Emerald Mountain Christian School right in Wetumpka.
Recreation and Culture
- Known as the City of Natural Beauty, Wetumpka offers many outdoor recreation opportunities for people of all ages and stages. Many of these activities are centered around the beautiful Coosa River that winds through the city. The city of Wetumpka is the perfect place to find an adventure, whether you’re looking to cast a line, hike a trail or simply enjoy nature.
- Wetumpka offers many opportunities to learn about the past and delve into local activities. Here’s a few things to check out in Wetumpka: Wetumpka Impact Crater, Fort Toulouse-Jackson Park, Elmore County Black History Museum, Wetumpka Depot Players, Elmore County Museum, Jasmine Hill Gardens, Alabama River Region Art Center, Wind Creek Wetumpka Casino and Hotel.
Economics and Infrastructure
- Wetumpka is the county seat of Elmore County.
- At the 2010 census the population of Wetumpka was 6,528.
- Part of the Montogmery Metropolitan Area, Wetumpka is one of the fastest-growing cities in Alabama.