Looking for homes for sale in Prattville, AL? Learn more about the community.
Prattville, also known at the “Fountain City,” boasts a wide variety of natural and recreational attractions, including golfing, canoeing, hiking, and fishing. This bustling suburb of Montgomery is also home to a diverse dining scene and many retail options.
- Prattville is full of hometown charm, history, and modern amenities. In “The Preferred Community,” no matter your tastes, interest, or age, there is something here for everyone to become involved in and to enjoy.
Schools and Education
- The City of Prattville public school system falls under the Autauga County School System. The district serves over 9,000 students in 13 schools.
- Public schools located in Prattville include Prattville Kindergarten School, Daniel Pratt Elementary School, Prattville Elementary School, Prattville Intermediate School, Prattville Junior High School, Prattville High School, and Autauga County Technology Center.
Recreation and Culture
- The Daniel Pratt Historic District is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Some of the sites date back to the Civil War era. This revitalized downtown area is home to an ever-growing number of retail and dining options.
- Prattville has many unique recreation options including Capitol Hill, the crown jewel of the Robert Trent Jones golf trail, the Creekwalk, Pratt Park Splash Pad, Autauga Creek Canoe Trail, and Artesian Wells.
Economics and Infrastructure
- As of the 2010 census, the population of the city is 33,960. Prattville serves as the county seat of Autauga County.
- Prattville supports business and commericial development with four industrial parks and a strategic location off Interstate-65 with three interchanges.
- Prattville’s largest employer is the Autauga County Board of Education. Other major employers include International Paper, Prattville Baptist Hospital, Walmart, and Bass Pro Shops.