Looking for homes for sale in Pike Road, AL? Learn more about the community.
The Town of Pike Road, Alabama’s fastest-growing municipality, is close enough for convenience but far enough away to enjoy a simpler way of life! This Montgomery, AL suburb is accessible from multiple interstate exits and feeder roads, making it convenient to the River Region.
Within the town, there are a variety of unique shopping and dining options, small businesses and entertainment venues. Pike Road is also home to the Pike Road Schools, the first community based school system in the region in decades.
Planning, Education, Quality of Life, and Services make up the Four Pillars that are a part of every decision that the Town of Pike Road undertakes.
- Pike Road was named the most desirable city and the second-most successful city in Alabama by AL.com.
- Pike Road has a high walkability score and is in close proximity to local activities, local schools, and job opportunities.
Schools and Education
- Pike Road is home to Pike Road Schools, the first community based school system in the region in decades.
- The mission of Pike Road Schools is to create a culture of intellectual curiosity where all students have ownership over their learning and are inspired to think, innovate, and create. The Vision of PRS is for students to be lifelong learners who use their knowledge, skills, and influence to make the world a better place.
Recreation and Culture
- The Pike Road Natural Trail System is a trail network that will connect the town’s neighborhoods and future recreational sites. The network of trails offers residents a safe, convenient place to exercise and experience the beautiful natural surroundings of the area.
- The Pike Road ENHANCE Initiative (Exercise, Nutrition, Health, Agriculture, Nature, Community, and Education) is a long-term strategic plan designed to ensure that the Town of Pike Road continues to excel in the four areas identified by residents: quality of life, community planning, public education, and municipal services.
- Current ENHANCE initiative programs within the town include: Agriculture and Stewardship Club, Arts Council, Business Association, Community Enrichment, Neighborhood Leaders, P.R.A.Y.E.R. Team, PRICE Foundation, and Recreation and Health Service Corps. These programs allow community members to take an active role in civic life.
Economics and Infrastructure
- According to U.S. Census Bureau figures, the Town of Pike Road grew by more than 1,600% during the first decade of the 21st century. Throughout this period of dramatic growth, the Town of Pike Road has maintained a simple message: “Maintain Character While Planning For Progress.”
- The Washington Post named Pike Road’s zip code one of the Top 12 Best Zip Codes in Alabama.