Looking for homes for sale in Millbrook, AL? Learn more about the community.
The Millbrook area includes Robinson Springs, Coosada, Deatsville, and Elmore. Millbrook’s small-city comforts and community, combined with urban conveniences, have helped shape this area of the River Region.
Millbrook is 10 miles north of Montgomery, Alabama’s state capital. Millbrook’s easy interstate access to I-65 and close proximity to the capital city have helped shape the city and provide for career, educational, cultural, and recreational opportunities.
Schools and Education
- Elmore County Public Schools provides educational programs to Millbrook K-12 students. The system’s mission is to provide relevant, engaging, positive learning environments where students are empowered to realize their self-worth through continuous academic, social, and emotional growth.
- Elmore County public schools located in Millbrook are Coosada Elementary School, Milllbrook Middle School, and Stanhope Elmore High School.
Recreation and Culture
- Millbrook offers many oopportunities for civic involvement including civic and service organizations and annual events and festivals.
- Millbrook is home to the statewide headquarters and conservation educational facilities of the Alabama Wildlife Federation (AWF). These facilities are are located at beautiful Lanark, a historic 300+ acre estate in Millbrook. An important state and community asset, the natural resources found on the AWF grounds add to the area’s quality of life.
- Golf courses in the area include The Pines, Millbrook’s municipal course, and numerous courses located throughout Elmore County. The Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail is also just a short drive away in the neighboring city of Prattville.
- Recreational facilities include softball and football complexes, as well as walking trails and play areas at the Village Green, Millbrook’s downtown park, Mill Creek Park, Robinson Springs Park, and Legacy Park.
Economics and Infrastructure
- Millbrook has a population of about 14,600. The city is located in Autauga and Elmore counties.
- Millbrook can be accessed at three exits on Interstate-65. Commericial sites at I-65 and Highway 14 and Cobbs Ford Road make up the main commerical corridors.
- Major industries in Millbrook include health care, automotive, and aerospace companies. Government, education, and small businesses also are leading employers.